How frequently do we meet for therapy?
Once a week is recommended. Twice weekly is an option also. Sessions are held the same times weekly.
Are you providing online and in person sessions?
All sessions are virtual, as of 2020. When we are able to start seeing patients in person there will be the option to meet in Manhattan only. Virtual sessions will remain available.
How long do I need to attend therapy?
This depends on many factors. Discuss your needs and plan with your therapist.
How much will sessions cost using my insurance?
With health insurance, your cost is set by the insurance company. Contact your insurance company to learn what your costs will be.
Do I need to see a provider in my state, even if it’s a virtual session?
Yes. Tracey Gundel can only provide psychotherapy to NY State residents.
Life coaching regulations are different. Contact the office for updated information.
Do you have evening availability?
Yes, evening sessions are offered Monday through Wednesday.
What is confidential?
The relationship between a client and a psychotherapist is protected under HIPAA privacy laws of medical information. Only with your written permission can information be shared.
• Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
• If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
• If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Your intake forms will have the complete Confidentiality Policy and HIPAA laws.
Self pay rates: $150-$200
Sliding scale is available.
Services may be covered in full or in part by your insurance. Contact your plan to learn about your mental health coverage carefully.
Questions to help:
1. Do I have Out-of-Network benefits?
2. Do I have coinsurance, deductible or copays?
3. How much would I pay per therapy session?
I accept out of network benefits and am in-network with private plans: Aetna. This may change, contact the office for the most recent updates.
How do I start?
Contact Tracey’s office via email. Confirm there is a weekly opening that works for you. Complete the necessary intake forms, sent to you via your client portal link. Please submit your intake forms within 24 hours to secure your spot. Have your insurance and credit card information available at the first session. Some patients find bringing a list of questions and or primary concerns helpful.
Teletherapy sessions are done on the HIPAA approved platform Theranest. You can download the app to your phone or log in on desktop.
Tracey Gundel, LCSW,R
244 5th Avenue, Suite T216
New York, N.Y. 10001
Hours of operation:
Mondays 9 am to 7 pm
Tuesdays 9 am to 6 pm
Wednesdays 10am to 7 pm
Thursdays 9 am to 5 pm
Fridays 9 am to 12 noon